Planting trees is an excellent community-owned exercise.
- Decide to do it and plan.
- Identify the types of trees to be planted.
- Recruit volunteers. (e. g. young adults, people from your community, your yoga pals, children from local educational institutions….)
- Raise funds to support the project.
- Choose the planting site.
- Arrange the required equipment.
- Schedule the event.
- Follow correct tree-planting procedures.
- Provide refreshments for guests, invitees, and volunteers at the end of the event. Reward volunteers and others who helped with some form of recognition.
- Ensure proper care for the plants for at least two to three years
We can also write a Success Story about your tree-planting activity. This promotes your hard work, and inspires others to do the same!